Local SEO is a set of techniques used to get you more traffic in your local area. This is the most important type of SEO for services that target a specific area for their services such as plumbers that service Bellevue, Redmond, and Kirkland or Construction companies that only service Seattle.
Some common Local SEO techniques we employ include
- Facebook, Yelp, and Google My Business profiles that contain full company details, compelling photos of the business/services, events, and plenty of real reviews from customers.
- Consistent NAP (name, address, phone) information across the web on reputable websites and on your own website
- Inbound links to your website from websites also serving your target areas such as local associations, industry organizations, and local directories.
- Writing relevant content on your website for what your company is doing in your community, events you participate in, etc.
- Coding your website with local relevant terms for the area you are targeting. Alt tags, metadata, local business schema, etc.
- Having a website that loads quickly, is mobile-friendly, looks professional, and is easy to use. Google knows when most visitors to a website visit and then immediately leave.
We stay up to date with the latest trends in Local SEO and have found a good local SEO campaign can create drastic improvements to your website traffic.
That being said, we require our Local SEO clients to have a website that is professional, quick to load, mobile-friendly, and easy to use. There is no use sending people to a website that doesn’t have these attributes just like we wouldn’t send people to a brick and mortar store unless it had products on its shelves, was clean inside, and had friendly staff.